10 Doors (The Sequel)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the Youtube roleplay 10 Doors (the sequel)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer Spazzing!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Just to warn EVERYONE that my computer keeps flashing to white Sad Sooo, if I don't appear anywhere for a looooooong time, then you know that my computer is probably gone Sad

I don't need to lose another computer, so can I get some prayers that my computer can be returned to normal again???? DX
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh gosh o.O You should google that crap and figure out why it's doing that. Can it be fixed? I'll pray for you.

I'm having issues with my laptop as well; first the keys were going out, so I couldn't type or anything. I'm using an external keyboard that I had to buy. The same time that happened, my programs stopped loading, or did a crappy job of it. I can't open Sony Vegas. which means I'm unable to edit right now. I'm gonna try to be patient and wait for it to get its crap together, but I may do a system restore.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Have you done a virus scan?? My brother says so far it hasn't done any white flashes (left it with him all day so he can maybe see what the problem is/was, seeing as he is my computer's Doctor XD)

I just put Norton on my computer (after having a crappy free virus protection program on it) so, we'll see if it helps.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:10 pm

I haven't really done much testing on my computer, because any anti-virus software on our computer is required to be uninstalled in order to use the internet on campus. It sucks... I don't know. -.-
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:57 pm

O.o Whaaaaaat?? That makes absolutely NO sense O.o It's like they want you to get viruses >.>
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:22 pm

I KNOW RIGHT?! SO stupid. I should install one, go off campus, check my computer, and then uninstall when I'm on campus again. Is there any free virus-checking software do you know?
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Not that I know of anymore :/ Last one I had was AVG, but after I had it for so long it wouldn't pick up anything when I scanned it, so my parents are letting me use Norton 360, which they paid for.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 11:58 am

Hm... Well hopefully I can figure it out, because I haven't been able to edit in I think over a week, which means sad Michon.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Awe *huggles* I don't like it when there is a sad Michon :[
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Johanna, PLEEEASE tell me you know the answer to this, because my technology problems just got worse.

My computer won't recognize my external hard drive. I plug it into the usb, and it doesn't even make the "da dun!" noise it usually does, showing it knows there's something plugged in. It doesn't show up anywhere on my computer. I tried a different usb port, and other items work in that usb, so it has to be the external hdd. I tried reinstalling the drivers, didn't work. Now I REALLY can't edit.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm

This is Tommy, do any of your USB devices work?
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Hey Tommy- Yeah, I have an external keyboard because my keys suddenly stopped working about a week ago, it's wireless. So I plugged in my keyboard into all of the usb ports and it worked. I also tried plugging in my external hdd into my roommate's computer, hers doesn't acknowledge it either.
Back to top Go down
Wendy Darling

Wendy Darling

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 am

Is it broken :-(
Back to top Go down
Wendy Darling

Wendy Darling

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:28 am

Aladdin try turning off your computer leave it off for a long period of time. Turn it back on see if the usb works now. If not then maybe it is your usb cable. David had the same problem before and it fixed it
Back to top Go down
Wendy Darling

Wendy Darling

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 am

It could be the cord do you have another cord for the HDD. If the HDD requires power from the computer. That could be an issue. <3 Or make sure plug you have works.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm

@Michon, I'll get Tommy to reply back to you when he gets home XP He's at my late grandparents house right now, cutting the grass.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:16 pm

I hope it's the external hdd cord and not the actual hard drive... If it is, I've lost so much. I should have gotten another backup... I just didn't have the money. I've lost all of my movies and music. I can't edit.
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 pm

D: Reminds me of when my computer crashed... oh wow, two years ago v.v Sorry that I haven't gotten tommy to get back to you on that, Michon. I'll get him on here when he gets home.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:48 pm

It's alright, I appreciate your help you guys! <3
Back to top Go down
Cinderella

Cinderella

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Tommy again:

The HDD messing up could be a few things. Such as the cord, or the drive. It sounds like your PC may have a electrical malfunction within it. It sounds like all of your computer accessories may be getting deleted. I would do a factory default restore ASAP so if it is a virus, it can be deleted before it can spread.

As for the HDD, if it is not working on your friends computer, I would try a different cord. If that doesn't work, you may have to get a new HDD. Don't worry, most of the time, unless the drive is fried, you can go to a computer shop and they can get all the data off of it.
Back to top Go down
Aladdin

Aladdin

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks Tommy! I'll try a different cord first, if that works, then bam, great. If not, I'll go try to get data from it and then just get a new HHD. As for my computer suddenly derping out, between the keyboard no longer working and programs running slower or crashing... I'll do a factory default restore ASAP. I've never had to do that before, but I'll check it out.

Thanks again for your help, I'll keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer Spazzing! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Spazzing!   Computer Spazzing! Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer Spazzing!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
10 Doors (The Sequel) :: [Out of Character] :: Discussing the RP-
Jump to: